An enterprising blog, the Daily Caller, managed to crack the Journolist codes and get access to archives of thousands of backdated emails. The results are explosive, but do not expect to be seeing them on your big media or TV screen very soon since so far they show:
- Hundreds of the top names on journalism with some academics and NGO types collaborated to act cheerleaders for the Obama election 2008, spinning positive stories about Obama and negative ones about his opponents.
- This included trying to bury the Rev Wright and his Obama connection and instead fabricate Republican racism. In the words of one famous journalist they should pick a top Republican, "any will do"(!), and accuse him of racism to divert attention from Wright.
- Top journalists discussed how to get the government to simply ban or refuse to renew the licences of conservative news outlets like Fox whilst making very ironic noises and complaints about "fascism".
- Journos were stymied as to how they could smear Sarah Palin's lack of experience without showing up that Obama clearly had no more experience than her. So instead.....
- Discussed ways the media could destroy her image as an appealing, dynamic woman who might attract feminists.
Conservatives have claimed for years there exists a bias in the big media and Journolist could not have handed them a smokier gun.